Featuring: Our Emergency Shelter Floor
Clients have a short stay with one-on-one counseling, support groups, advocacy for women who have been abused and their children. Men who are survivors of domestic violence stay at a different location. Staff assist clients with housing applications, job applications, returning to school, budgeting, nutritional information, as well as physical activities, and what other services that may need.
We have a tv room for the women and children to enjoy programs and movies. There is also a play area for the children.Here is our kitchen where women cook meals. The dinning room has a lot of space with two large tables and several high chairs
Featuring Story: Our In-Housee Daycare for Residents
Our Daycare worker RL, enjoys her position in the Daycare Centre. The Centre is divided into different sections with a variety of activities for the children to choose from. Children enjoy playing in the daycare so much that sometimes it is difficult for some to leave.
We at the Thompson Crisis Centre would like to clarify our mandate/criteria for admission to the Centre for services:
- Domestic Violence with an intimate Partner violence. Ex: husband/Wife, common law, boyfriend/girlfriend, LGBTQ relationship; etc…
- Family Violence from a member of your family. Parent, grandparent adult son or daughter, sibling, etc…
- Caller being abused sexually by known or unknown person.
TCC has a 48-hour safety rule where callers are allowed to entry the center for evaluation. Staff will error on the side of safety and if client does not meet the criteria we will make a referral to assist them with the help that they need for their situation.
- 24 Hour free Crisis Line
- Emergency Shelter Program
- School Program
- Children’s Program
- Life Skills
- Support Groups
- Transition Housing Program
- Non-Residential Outreach Program
- Public Education
- Family Events
Valuing families and their rights, the Thompson Crisis Centre Inc. works to eradicate family violence in society by providing families and communities with tools to enhance growing, encourage violence-free living, and promote healthier tomorrows.
- Respect and dignity guides everything we do.
- Develop partnerships with other agencies and community organizations to the benefit of our clients.
- Guided by ethical standards and best practices, promote continuous self-improvement, life-long learning and healthy communities.
- In the spirit of reconciliation, we will strive to provide culturally appropriate services.
We are excited about communicating with the community throughout the year with a newsletter. We hope this will be helpful in getting information out to you.